You may not immediately think about calling a solicitor after receiving a traffic ticket; even so, depending on circumstances, doing so may prove helpful to your case. A speeding ticket or another type of traffic violation has the potential to impact your license and finances. Still, you may be able to take steps to minimize the damage it causes.
How Might Hiring A Traffic Offence Solicitor Help You Fight A Speeding Ticket
- By Assisting You Gather Evidence
Having physical evidence or proof that you were not speeding is key in winning your case. A solicitor might be able to help you find evidence that backs up your claim through obtaining dashcam videos or securing GPS data from your smartphone, among other possible examples.
- By Questioning the Accuracy of Speed-Enforcement Equipment
A traffic offence solicitor may also investigate any equipment law enforcement used to track your speed to understand its accuracy better. If there are any known defects or issues surrounding the accuracy of the equipment used to clock you, it may help your case.
- By Framing Questions for the Officer Who Ticketed You
A solicitor specializing in road traffic offences may also help you prepare for court and practice any questions you plan to ask the officer who gave you the ticket. Depending on the severity of the ticket, a traffic ticket can lead to hundreds or even thousands of dollars in fines. It may, too, increase your insurance rates. However, suppose you hire a solicitor and successfully defend your case. In that case, you may pay much less than you would after factoring in both the ticket and your elevated insurance rates.
How Can I Find The Right Traffic Offence Solicitors With Free Advice?
Now that you know more about traffic violation solicitors, it is important that you hire the best possible option. Consider these tips to guide you through that process:
- Recommendations are golden and can help you cut down plenty of time and effort. Doing this lets you reduce the time it takes to speak to unreputable solicitors and puts you on the path to finding the best options for you.
- You will know that you found the right solicitor once you speak to them for a while.
- It is necessary to go for an initial consultation to have the solicitor lay out the case for you. One of these solicitors can help you understand your rights and the overall parameters you are dealing with. When you see them confidently explain how they will represent you, it is easier to find comfort in hiring them.
- Last but not least, it is necessary that you take your time finding a solicitor that also offers fair prices. It would be best to ask the traffic offence solicitor to put their prices in order to choose the best solicitor as per your preferences.