When death is a result of someone’s willful or negligent act, families or loved ones of a deceased individual can file for a wrongful death lawsuit. In this post, you’ll learn what qualifies for a wrongful death case, when to file a lawsuit, and how to hire a Boston wrongful death lawyer.
Nothing can compensate for the death of a loved one. However, the sudden death can lead to different types of emotional and financial changes. When the tragic incident is the result of someone else’s negligence, the deceased person’s family members can file a lawsuit.
What Qualifies as Wrongful Death
Wrongful death is an accident in which an individual dies because of someone else’s negligence. The deceased person’s family can hire a wrongful death attorney to file a lawsuit against the negligent individual or the entity whose actions led to the accident.
A wrongful death lawsuit also applies to cases in which an intentional act results in an individual’s death, even if the deceased person is a criminal.
How a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Works
When an individual dies due to someone else’s negligence or willful act, the incident qualifies as wrongful death. The deceased person’s family members or loved ones can file a lawsuit and claim compensation.
A wrongful death claim is applicable in a case such as:
- When someone is killed accidentally or intentionally
- When an individual dies due to medical malpractice
- A road accident that results in death
What Does a Wrongful Death Case Do for You
The sudden death of a loved one not only affects a family emotionally, but also leads to several financial challenges. A wrongful death case is a way of getting compensation you deserve.
The compensation includes payment for:
- A survival claim of the deceased individual
- Medical bills of the deceased person
- The cost of a funeral
- Loss of the victim’s expected income
- Value of the services the deceased individual would have provided
- Loss of care the deceased individual would have provided
Why Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer
The sudden death of a loved one changes several things for a family. It is a difficult time, and many people don’t know how to file a case and proceed to get the deserved claim. In such a situation, a wrongful death lawyer can be a great help.
A wrongful death attorney is a professional lawyer who has years of experience in handling cases in which an individual dies due to someone else’s willful or negligent act.
When you hire a Boston wrongful death lawyer, you get an attorney who:
- Represents your case
- Collects evidence to make your case stronger
- Negotiates the claim for you
- Handles all the paperwork and documentation for you
- Provides you with the right guidance to proceed with your case
How to Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Boston
A wrongful death lawyer is an attorney who specializes in handling wrongful death cases. When looking for a wrongful death lawyer, ensure that:
- The attorney has years of experience in working on wrongful death cases.
- The lawyer has successfully handled wrongful death cases in the recent past.
- The professional attorney has time for your case.
- The lawyer is capable of handling the case, collecting evidence, and representing you when you aren’t available.
Also, collect details on a lawyer to know whether or not the professional is suitable for your needs. Read reviews on a lawyer to find out what their past clients have to say.
Find an experienced Boston wrongful death lawyer who has expertise in handling wrongful death cases and providing clients with the deserved compensation.