Everything You Need To Know About The Ironbark Firewood!
Ironbark firewood is premium wood extracted from a tree that belongs to the Eucalyptus genus that mostly has dark and deep furrowed bark. It is native to the plains and hillsides of Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales and Australia. It works well where there is sufficient sun exposure. It is a reliable source of firewood. It is also used in essential oil production and ornamental uses.
Let’s move forward to understand the fascinating facts about ironbark:
- It is an extremely durable wood that is often used for making furniture and firewood.
- It is slightly harder to burn, but it will burn upto 6-8 hours – means less use of firewood throughout the night.
- It possesses a woody capsule fruit that resembles the shape of a wine glass.
- It produces perfect white, pink and yellow feathery umbrella-shaped flowers. They are full of nectar and attract many birds and bees during winters.
- The ironbark plant can survive for over fifteen years in the desert.
#4 Primary benefits of buying ironbark firewood
One can find ironbark firewood for sale everywhere, but buying it from the right place is quite an important task – if you need a comfortable and clean burn. Furthermore, it enables you to use your fireplace most efficiently and cost-effectively. To enjoy the most benefits, one must buy ironbark firewood from Sydney.
- Ironbark firewood is extremely dry and dense; thus, it burns slowly and lasts long without producing excessive smoke. Hence, one can save a lot of money yearly by lighting up this log in the fireplace.
- With ironbark, you are conserving nature and saving your money. It burns longer; thus, you don’t have to stack up tons of it in the storage.
- It is a sustainable solution as it keeps deforestation at bay. Also, cutting down the ironbark has no significant effect on the environment.
- It generates mesmerizing fire with low smoke production for an excessively long period. You can cope with the winter chills while hearing popping sounds and steady burning.
Why ironbark as firewood?
If the ironbark is efficiently seasoned, then it can work as an excellent source of firewood. The people greatly prefer it because of its clean and efficient burning. It might be a little on the pricey side, but if you notice, then it will be more economical than buying low-grade burning wood every now and then.
Ironbark wood is highly dense; thus, it burns slowly and clean. It might be a little tricky to light it because of its density, but it produces very little smoke while burning.
How to buy ironbark firewood in Sydney?
Now that you know the benefits of ironbark firewood. You must be wondering where to find the best ironbark firewood in Sydney. Don’t worry. It will become easy if you research a little bit. Once you have shortlisted a few companies, you must compare the costs. Try to look for a supplier that understands your needs and does not pass most of the operating expenses to the consumers.