Sleep is the bedrock to a healthy life and should naturally recur every 24 hours cycle. But the latter is not the case in reality as sleep problems have affected millions and millions of people around the globe, particularly over the last year due to the stresses and anxieties caused by the global pandemic.
Work, travel, studies, personal life, diet and general habits can influence and affect the duration as well as the quality of your sleep on any given day. Ironically, making small changes in these areas of life can also help improve your sleep.
But that’s something that sounds easier said than done due to our hectic and fast-paced lives. This is why so many people have turned to stronger solutions like sleeping pills as a quick remedy to all our sleep problems.
In the past, people that looked to sleeping pills as the quick fix were dependent on prescription, pharmaceutical grade medication that over the long term is really not great for your health. Thankfully, as society realises the important role sleep plays in ensuring we remain healthy, we are beginning to see a lot more products geared towards helping us sleep better. This has also meant we are seeing effective and healthier alternatives to sleeping pills like natural sleeping tablets. Made from natural active sleep-inducing ingredients, natural sleeping tablets do not contain any synthetic chemicals that are generally used in a pharmaceutical-grade sleeping pill meaning that they do not knock you out, leave you feeling groggy in the morning and do not have many of the longer term negative side effects associated with taking sleeping pills. Instead, herbal sleeping tablets have no side effects in the long term as they’re made safe from natural plant and herbal extracts.
Here are a list of many of the herbal ingredients that may find being used in natural sleeping tablet here in the UK :
- Natural sources of melatonin: Melatonin is the main hormone responsible for regulating your sleep cycles and circadian rhythm. But sadly you cannot buy melatonin sleeping tablets here in the UK without a prescription. Thus, melatonin is substituted with other alternatives such as Griffonia Seeds and L-Tryptophan in natural sleeping tablets to induce the similar effect.
- Lavender is known for its calming properties thus enhances relaxation and helps you to get to sleep.
- Magnesium is one of the most important minerals in our body, that helps with a wide range of key functions including deep sleep.
- Chamomile: It’s no surprise that many people opt to have chamomile tea before bed. Chamomile is one of the best ways to relax and fall asleep as it is commonly regarded as a mild tranquilizer that induces sleep. That’s because it contains Apigenin, a chemical compound that induces sleepiness when it reaches the GABA receptors in the brain.
- L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea and cannot be produced by our bodies naturally. It helps with all the different stages of sleep – starting from total relaxation to falling asleep to maintaining deep sleep.
You can either find yourself a sleeping tablet that contains one ingredient like a supplement, but I find the most effective to be natural sleeping tablets that are a blend. My personal favorite is Paso’s Nightly Vegan Sleep Capsules. It contains all the above-mentioned natural ingredients that guarantee a good night’s sleep. I’ve been using it for a while now with no complaints or side effects whatsoever.
Check them out, I’m sure you’ll find them to be extremely useful when trying to sleep.